Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Hamburger Assistant


This is a copycat Hamburger Helper recipe I found on Little House Living.

Why do they call copycat recipes, well, "copycat", anyway? I have two cats, and I have never seen them copy anything. Cats are independent thinkers. They've made up their mind to do whatever they want. Both of mine decided they wanted to sleep all day.

My mom's dog, on the other hand, seems to follow her around all day, doing whatever my mom does.

Ah-ha! I propose to you a new alternative to "copycat". Copydog!

Let me start over:

This is a copydog Hamburger Helper recipe I found on Little House Living.

What-a-ya think?
____________________

HAMBURGER ASSISTANT
INGREDIENTS:
Dry Mix
1 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. paprika
1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni
For Preparation:
1 pound hamburger
1 cup water
2 cups milk
1 cup shredded cheese (optional)

DIRECTIONS:
  1. Store your powder and your noodles in a mason jar. I put my powder in little sandwich bags, put the noodles in the mason jar and then shoved the little baggy on top. I did this in case I wanted to use the noodles for something else, but you can mix the powder with noodles if you prefer.
  2. When you are ready to make the dish, brown the hamburger and drain off the excess fat. Put the meat back in the same pan and return it to the heat. Add the pasta, spices, water and milk. After the noodles are cooked, you can add the cheese if desired.
  3. Enjoy!

Note: If you want, you can make a large batch of the powder and store it all together. For each recipe you make, add 2 heaping tablespoons of the powder.

Extra Note: We added homemade taco seasoning to hamburger and used some of it to make this recipe. It made it taste even better than usual!
____________________

One again, recipe courtesy of Little House Living.

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment